At Snodland CEP School we value PSHE and understand the importance of preparing children for the opportunities that they may experience in the future.
The aims of PSHE are to enable our pupils:
- to develop self-confidence and self-esteem
- to form good relationships with other members of school and the wider community
- to be positive and active members of a democratic society
- to understand our common humanity, diversity and differences
- to understand what constitutes a healthy lifestyle
- to understand how to play an active role and make a positive contribution to the life of the school
Organisation of PSHE
At Snodland CEP we follow the ‘Jigsaw PSHE’ scheme of work. The ‘Jigsaw’ scheme provides a structured and developmental PSHE programme for all years, which focusses on building emotional literacy and social skills.
Over the course of the year, pupils will engage with the following themes:
- Being Me
- Celebrating Difference
- Dreams and Goals
- Healthy Me
- Changing Me