Anti-Bullying AmbassadorsCongratulations to our Anti-Bullying Ambassadors, who have successfully completed an anti-bullying workshop led by Sam Fletcher from Project Salus.The aim of this scheme is to give young people the confidence, skills and knowledge to support their peers.
The programme also aims to:
- Improve communication skills
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Encourage and develop peer relationships
- Increase ability to understand and empathise with others
- Develop decision making skills
- Develop conflict resolution skills
- Instil a sense of responsibility
- Develop a sense of community and belonging
24.02.17 - Anti-Bullying Assembly:
Our Anti-Bullying Ambassadors set the whole school a challenge on Tuesday - they asked every child to draw around their hand and write on each finger a place in school where they felt safe of a person they felt safe talking to. These were then used to create a whole-school display in Oak.
25.04.17 - Anti-Bullying Assembly:
This morning the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors led their own assembly - their aim was to raise awareness of what bullying really is. During the assembly they set the whole school a 'HERO Challenge' to 'Help Everyone Respect Others' - they asked children to pay somebody a compliment during the school day and see if they get a smile in return!